zondag 18 augustus 2013

Long time no see!

Hello dears,

How have you all been? Long time no see, right?

My vacation was boring, exciting, awkward, fun, chill... Just everything a vacation should be! I have worked a lot, been designing a lot, and have been away a lot.

Castlefest was a blast! Really, I have never been to a event with such a great atmosphere as Castlefest, so I'll definitely go next year! My LARP-outfit was quite a success, they all liked and have been discussing wheter it was viking or celtic, whilst I say none of the named. I am planning on making some changes, since it wasn't thát comfortable to wear when fighting, it made me feel quite insecure. Ok, maybe not "some" changes, but just change the whole concept and outfit, but more about that in another blog post! My friends and I spent a part of Friday/Saturday night at the beach, we walked around there at like, 2 a.m? We also went swimming very early Friday morning at 7.30 a.m, haha. I had a blast.
What a unusual bunch at the beach at 2 am!














So, I have been home for two weeks, and what have I been doing? Well, I started with a new costuming project (abandoning my corset for a while until I found someone who's better at maths than me, haha); Steampunk lady! The outfit's going to have an 1860's feeling to it, so Victorian rather than the more popular Edwardian style. I am working on the skirt, and damn, it looks great already! But that's also because the fabric is amazing! Old curtains for the win, hehe.
Fabric draped around the hoop skirt

Ok, I can do simple maths.

But, Chaotic Witch, it seems like you are not going to stay for long? Well, no, on the morrow, I will be of to Maastricht for my introduction week! I'm so excited, a mere two weeks left, and I'll finally have my first lessons at the Art Academy! I'll be home Thursday evening, but, Friday in the afternoon I will leave for a convention; Abunai! Yeah! So, yes, I'm quite a busy person for the upcoming week...

Stay tuned, next week, no update, because, well, you know why.
See you in two weeks!

With love,

Chaotic Witch

Ready and armed for my Introduction week! And yes, everything for the whole week, except the sleeping bag, is in that bag, that inlcudes everyday a new set of clothing (and some extra), an air mattress and a pump, and more of the usual stuff. I think I should apply for a role as Mary Poppins or Hermione, haha.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten